An Australian model has released disturbing footage of the abuse she reportedly suffered at the hands of her husband (video below).
In the video, Berenger Rose is seen covered in bruises and shaking in fear as she begs her husband to stop hurting her She was allegedly beaten with wooden poles and tortured with a cheese grater, according to the Daily Mail.
"Every day, I thought I am going to be that next victim,” Rose told A Current Affair, according to 9 News. “I am going to be that next woman that gets killed.”
Rose, who met her husband, Shane Cuthbert, on social media, said he would record the abuse for his own entertainment and then share the videos with his friends to brag.
"He would call me crazy,” Rose said. “Tell me that I was the one abusing him and I believed him. I thought I was the one with the problem.
"He would throw my head into walls, he would bash my head in the side of my bed.
"There was no privacy. I couldn't go to the bathroom with the door closed."
But Rose said her husband wasn’t always that way.
"When I met him, he was the most amazing guy I had ever met in my whole life,” Rose recalled. “He was so sweet and charming.”
Two months after meeting on Instagram, Cuthbert proposed. They got married and moved to Mackay, and that’s when Rose said she began living in isolation.
"It started with that slap across my face and it escalated to him throwing my head into a brick wall," Rose said. "He would hit my head, beat my arms, my legs, my hands, everywhere. He would just beat me like that until I was black and blue."
Cuthbert would reportedly control Rose's phone and not allow her to have any contact with the outside world. He knocked her out on numerous occasions and would not let her go to the hospital.
Rose also suffered a miscarriage.
"He didn't care,” she said. “I sat on the floor in the shower and miscarried while my husband, Shane, just sat out and drank.”
Cuthbert is currently in police custody for charges unrelated to the abuse. Rose contacted A Current Affair to share her story, hoping that it will help other women avoid suffering a similar fate.
"I just want other women, if they are in the same situation as me, to know: It's a long dark tunnel but there is a light,” Rose said. “There's a light at the end and you can get there too.”
Cuthbert will face Mackay Magistrates Court on March 16. He is expected to apply for bail. He previously made headlines for showing up to court in a clown suit in 2012 after damaging the side mirror of a taxi. In December 2015, he was charged with making and detonating an explosive device at a motel in Bowen, Queensland.
It's unclear whether Rose will be pressing charges against Cuthbert for the abuse, the Daily Mail notes.