Skip to main content

Pregnant Teen In Honduras Wakes After Being Buried, Family Says (Video)

A family in Honduras says a 16-year-old pregnant teen came back to life after doctors mistakenly pronounced her dead.

Shocking footage (video below) shows the grieving family attempting to pull Neysi Perez out from her wooden casket. The girl’s husband, Rudy Gonzalez, claimed to have heard banging and muffled screams coming from inside the concrete tomb a day after her funeral, the Daily Mirror reported.

“As I put my hand on her grave I could hear noises inside,” Gonzalez told Primer Impacto. “I heard banging, then I heard her voice. She was screaming for help.

“It had already been a day since we buried her. I couldn't believe it. I was ecstatic, full of hope.”

Jesus Villanueva, who works at the cemetery, said he also heard strange noises coming from the grave.

“I convinced myself that the screams were coming from somewhere else,” he told the news station. “I never imagined that there was someone alive in there.

“That afternoon the girl's husband came to me begging me to get her out because she was alive. ... He was hysterical. The family were soon here and started breaking through the tomb, shouting her name.”

When the family arrived, they claimed to have found the glass viewing window on Perez’s coffin smashed. They also noticed that the the tips of her fingers were covered in bruises.

Relatives were able to get Perez out from her her coffin and attempted to revive her. She was rushed to a nearby hospital, but tests revealed that Perez was already clinically dead.

Image placeholder title

“The whole family rushed in, almost breaking the door down, carrying the girl in her casket,” Doctor Claudia Lopez said. “I told them to take her out and put her on the bed. Everybody was claiming she was alive so I went through all the necessary procedures.

“We evaluated and tried everything but the girl was dead. They put her back in the coffin and took her away again, back to the cemetery.”

Perez was originally thought to be dead after she reportedly fell unconscious outside of her home in El Entrada. Doctors believed she may have suffered a severe panic attack after hearing a sudden burst of gunfire.

The family had contacted a local priest at first, thinking that Perez was possessed by an evil spirit because she was foaming at the mouth. She became lifeless and was rushed to the hospital where she was later declared dead.

Doctors now believe the panic attack may have only temporarily stopped her heart activity and that she may have died from a lack of oxygen after waking up inside the closed coffin.

Image placeholder title

“Once we had taken her out of the tomb I put my hand on her body,” said Carolina Perez, the teen’s cousin. “She was still warm, and I felt a faint heart beat.

“She had scratches on her forehead and bruises on her fingers. It looked like she had tried desperately to get out of the casket and hurt herself.”

Maria Gutierrez said she believes her daughter was buried alive and blames doctors for being too quick to sign her death certificate.

“The doctors declared her dead but everybody else around me kept telling me she wasn't,” Gutierrez said. “She didn't look like she had died.

“Even after a day in the tomb the (color) of her body was normal, her corpse didn't smell, she just looked like she was in a deep sleep. ... There was no rigamortis, her body was still flexible, it was impossible that she had been dead for so many hours.”

Perez was three months pregnant when she collapsed. She was buried in the same dress she had recently worn at her wedding.

“We were all so happy,” Gutierrez added. “After being declared dead for such a long time, everybody was saying that she had come back to life.

“We were all so happy. I thought I was going to get my daughter back.”

Sources: Daily Mirror, Primer Impacto

Photo Credit: Screenshot form YouTube


Popular Video