Boy Eats Super Hot Pepper, Panics After Swallowing (Video)

A 9-year-old boy in Scotland recently ate a Carolina Reaper pepper, which is reportedly one of the hottest peppers in the world (video below).

The cheerful boy seems to be able to tolerate the pepper while chewing, but after he swallows, a look of panic quickly comes across his face.

He drinks some milk as a voice off-camera (possibly his dad), says, “Well, you’re not supposed to swallow it," Uproxx.com notes.

The boy says it burns, drinks some more milk and seems close to tears at the end of the video.

The Guinness Book of World Records ruled in 2013 that some Carolina Reaper peppers grown in South Carolina were the hottest on the globe, noted CBS News.

The hotness was calculated per Scoville Heat Units. Those peppers scored at 1,569,300 units with one of the peppers hitting 2.2 million, which is above pepper spray (used by police) at 2 million.

Sources: Uproxx.com, CBS News / Photo Credit: YouTube Screenshot


Popular Video