A Nigerian man was found dead by police after overdosing on a drug that reportedly enhances sex.
The man, identified only as Samson, was found at a hotel with his pants off and his penis completely erect -- reportedly after taking the drug to impress his new girlfriend.
Samson, a married father of three, had previously been overheard in a bar bragging about how he was going to use the drug to impress the girl. A source told Nigerian website Punch that Samson openly talked about his affair with his lover after downing two bottles of alcohol. One of the man's friends reportedly recommended buying the drug.
"After having intercourse for a long time, he could not ejaculate and must have died from the stress of the consistent hardness. He was overpowered by the drug and it was the first time he took such a drug," the source said.
"He is not much of a drinker. He is married and has three little children."
The source revealed that the girlfriend ran away upon discovering that Samson was dead. A police officer confirmed the incident, and revealed that nobody in the family was interested in claiming his body or reporting the case.
According to the Daily Mail, overdosing on sexual performance enhancing drugs is a serious risk that can cause long-lasting erections. In some cases, such erections can cause permanent damage.
"This is what happens when you cheat on your wife. As if she is going to give him a proper funeral now. This is an embarrassment for the children that their father died like this being a [dishonorable] man," one Daily Mail reader wrote in response on the site's Facebook page.
"He was father of three what was he doing in a hotel room with his 'new' girlfriend trying to impress her in bed? He was unfaithful, of loose character. His death will be very hard for his family to swallow specially his wife," another added.