Bellator women's champion Zoila Gurgel will make a quick return to the cage, as she has signed to face Jessica Eye this December at Bellator 83. The bout was confirmed by MMAjunkie.com on Thursday.
Gurgel (12-1) has won all six of her Bellator fights, including a recent decision win over Casey Noland. She is the 115-pound champion, but has not defended the belt since winning it.
Eye (8-1) is 2-0 with Bellator and has won each of her last five fights overall.
Bellator 83 takes place December 7 from New Jersey's Caesars Atlantic City. The main card, which Gurgel-Eye is slated for, airs on MTV2.
- Melvin Guillard-Jamie Varner Added To TUF 16 Finale
- Zoila Gurgel-Jessica Eye Set For Bellator 83
- Chael Sonnen Selects Dan Henderson As TUF Assistant Coach
- Anthony Johnson On Linderman "I Just Want To Hurt Him"
- Bellator 79 Weigh-In Results: Hale, Santos Official In Heavyweight Semi
- Michael Bisping Anxious To Return To Action As Soon As Possible
- Junior Dos Santos The Next To Join Nike's Roster
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.