A Lightweight tilt between China’s Zhang Tiequan and Jon Tuck has been added to the main card of UFC on Fuel TV 6 (Also known as UFC: Macau). The match-up was first announced by MMA-In-Asia.com.
Headlined by a Middleweight clash between former champion Rich Franklin and Cung Le, UFC: Macau is set go to down on November 10th at the CotaiArena in Macau, China.
Jon Tuck is undefeated in his Mixed Martial Arts career thus far, with wins over the likes of Eduard Folayang and Tristan Arenal. Fans would remember Tuck from The Ultimate Fighter: Live, where he suffered a broken toe in his attempt to get into the house, when he faced eventual finalist, Al Iaquinta.
The 28-year-old was recently scheduled to face Harris Sarmiento for the PXC Lightweight strap, but ruled himself out after receiving an injury. The Guamanian has finished all of his 6 professional bouts thus far.
Zhang Tiequan, in the meantime, will undoubtedly be the favorite amongst the Chinese fans. After opening his MMA career with 14 wins and 14 finishes, the 34-year-old suffered the first set-back of his career against Danny Downes at WEC 53. Following the WEC’s mergence with the UFC, the Chinese fighter marked his promotional UFC debut with a submission win over Jason Reinhardt at UFC 127.
In his upcoming bout against Tuck, Zhang will be looking to snap a 2-fight losing streak in the octagon.
Keep it locked to MMASucka.com for more news and updates regarding UFC: Macau.
As it stands, here’s the full fight card:
- Cung Le vs. Rich Franklin
- Stanislove Nedkov vs. Thiago Silva
- Paulo Thiago vs. Dong Hyun Kim
- Mac Danzig vs. Takanori Gomi
- Kyung Ho Kang vs. Alex Caceres
- John Tuck vs. Zhang Tiequan
- John Lineker vs. Yasuhiro Urushitani
- Tom DeBlass vs. Riki Fukuda
- Jeff Hougland vs. Takeya Mizugaki
- Hyun Gyu Lim vs. Marcelo Guimaraes
- Vinny Magalhaes returns to the UFC, fights in September
- Jorge Masvidal: “I Guess He (Melendez) Would Have Two Fights In December”
- UFC returns to the UK on September 29 in Nottingham
- Jones vs. Henderson slated for September 1 in Vegas
- Tim Sylvia steps in to face Daniel Cormier on September 29
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at MMA Sucka