However, as he continues to battle back from shoulder surgery, Franklin told MMA Canada that he believes a third meeting with "The Spider" would go his way. Franklin is currently set to meet Cung Le later this year at UFC 148.
"If I was able to put another title run together and the UFC wanted to do another fight with Anderson, I would be willing to do another fight with Anderson," Franklin said. "And I believe - and this is just because of the champion mentality in my head - but I believe that given another shot, I could win that fight."
Franklin, 37 years old, lost to Silva at UFC 64 in 2006 via first round knockout. Silva earned the second bout at UFC 77 the following year via second round TKO. Coming off a loss, and having just returned to the division, an opportunity at the belt is still a few wins off for Franklin.
- "Amazon Forest Combat 2" Results: Trio Of Ex-UFC Fighters Earn Wins
- Jon Jones On Rashad Evans: "Rashad's Just A Pawn In This Game"
- Gian Villante-Derrick Mehmen Slated For "Strikeforce: Barnett Vs. Cormier"
- "WMMA: McCorkle Vs. Heden" Results: Sean McCorkle Stopped In Main Event
- Video: Champion Vs. Contender: Ronda Rousey Interviews Alistair Overeem
- Despite Two Previous Losses, Rich Franklin Feels Like He Can Defeat Anderson Silva
- Brock Lesnar Has Reportedly Signed With The WWE
- Video: "ONE FC 3: War Of Lions" Event Available For Online Viewing
- Erick Silva-Charlie Brenneman Added To "UFC On FX 3"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.