It took World Series of Fighting (WSOF) matchmaker Ali Abdel-Aziz eight attempts to find an opponent for Tyrone Spong (1-0) in his MMA debut according to MMA Weekly. In the end, Travis Bartlett (7-2) accepted the fight. Spong took home the win by way of KO in the first round.
After three losses, Alexander was cut from the UFC in 2009. He then started a several fight win streak, which has since stopped. Alexander has lost his last three fights.
Spong, a kickboxing world champion, is expected to fight on the next WSOF card in 2013. No date or venue has been announced.
- Dan Hardy Interested In Josh Koscheck, Not Matt Riddle
- Alistair Overeem, Golden Glory Settle Lawsuits
- Vinny Magalhaes Takes Shot At Matt Hamill
- UFC On Fox 5 Prelims Headed For FX
- Urijah Faber Back To Training Full-Time
- Andrei Arlovski Headed For Russia, December Showdown With Mike Hayes
- MMA Veteran Rich Clementi Retires From Fighting
- Family Member Cast Doubts That Kyra Gracie Can Join MMA
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.