Nick Diaz just wants to return to fighting. However, thanks to a suspension handed down by the Nevada Athletic Commission, that seems impossible at the moment.
Cesar Gracie, the manager and trainer for Diaz, discussed his fighter during a recent meeting with the UFC. Gracie also informed MMAjunkie.com that Ross Goldman, the lawyer for Diaz, is appealing the suspension yet again.
"Theoretically, if a judge says he'll look at it and it will take a couple of months, he could put a stay on the suspension," Gracie said. "And at that point, Nick would be more than free to fight. But that's an if."
Diaz was suspended for a second failed drug test earlier this year. His suspensions runs until February of 2013.
- Kenny Florian Believes GSP Will Return In November
- Alistair Overeem Continues To Fuel Fire With Junior Dos Santos
- Josh Koscheck Out Of UFC 151 Fight With Jake Ellenberger
- Final Ratings In For UFC On Fox: Shogun Vs. Vera
- Jon Fitch Calls BJ Penn "A Coward," Says Not Welcome At AKA
- Shawn Bunch To Debut In Bellator This November
- Lyoto Machida Doesn't Plan On Staying Quiet While Waiting For Title Shot
- No New News On Nick Diaz And His Quest To Fight Again
- No Contract Yet Between UFC-Nate Diaz, Says Cesar Gracie
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline