With no main event and just under two months to go, the UFC's Director of Operations for Canada continues to push for UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones to defend his title against Dan Henderson at UFC 149. The card is set for July 21 from Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
Tom Wright, the director for UFC Canada, talked with the Toronto Sun on the importance of placing a marquee match in the top spot for UFC 149. Jose Aldo, the UFC featherweight champion, was expected to compete on the card before being removed for a show in Brazil.
"I would love to see that fight happen. Having Jon Jones defend his championship in Calgary against Dan Henderson - that would be a monster fight," Wright said. "I thing it's really important (to have a marquee) fight."
Jones is recently-removed from his first five-round fight, defending his title against Rashad Evans earlier this month. Henderson has been out of action since a win over Mauricio "Shogun" Rua last year.
- Dana White Promises Changes On Upcoming Seasons Of The Ultimate Fighter
- "Invicta FC 1" Results: Marloes Coenen Secures Main Event Victory
- Yushin Okami Vs. Luiz Cane On For UFC 150
- Video: Josh Barnett, "I Am A Fighter"
- Wanderlei Silva Prods "A** Face" Chael Sonnen
- Jon Jones Considerable Favorite Over Dan Henderson
- Video: How Mayhem Miller And Mark Muñoz Came To Train Together
- Jose Aldo Vs. Erik Koch For UFC Featherweight Title At "UFC 149"
- Hector Lombard Wastes No Time In Calling Out UFC Middleweight Champ Anderson Silva
- "The Ultimate Fighter: Live" Episode Eight Recap
- Reminder: "TUF: Live" Episode 8 Coverage Tonight
- Henderson Vs. Edgar 2 Likely For UFC 150
- Tune In To Rebellion Radio Again This Sunday
- Dennis Hallman Vs. Thiago Tavares Set For UFC 150
- Video: Chris Lytle For Indiana State Senate
- Anderson Silva Reportedly Very Reluctant To Fight Sonnen In Vegas
- Anthony Njokuani Vs. Paul Taylor On Deck For UFC On FUEL 4
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.