Fabricio Werdum knows what it is like to compete in Strikeforce and the UFC. Currently a member of the UFC's heavyweight roster, Werdum made sure to let his fans know that he would be willing to return to the Strikeforce cage if called upon.
News broke Wednesday that Frank Mir will not be able to face Daniel Cormier in November at Strikeforce: Cormier vs. Mir. Werdum, who does not have a fight scheduled, posted on Facebook that he would step in if the UFC and Zuffa asked.
"Everyone knows how hard I've worked to return to the UFC, and I'm sure I'll be ready for any fight that proves me to dispute the belt, my main goal," Werdum wrote. "I will always be available to the event to help meet any shortage, and I've always designed the UFC and I know they want to fight for the belt in the sequel because I have big fights in Strikeforce and now with the latest struggles did in UFC."
- Shane Carwin On Roy Nelson "He Puts On A Front"
- Marcus Brimage On Training With American Top Team In Preparation Of UFC 152
- Verbal Attacks Have No Affect On Brian Stann
- Despite Recent Surgery, Chris Weidman Still Plans On Facing Tim Boetsch
- Stephan Bonnar Calls Fighting Anderson Silva In Brazil A "Dream Fight"
- Time Off Allowed Joseph Benavidez To Improve As A Fighter
- Rashad Evans' TUF Performance Pushed Demetrious Johnson Into MMA
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline