If former Strikeforce light heavyweight champion Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal was a betting man, he would put everything on Daniel Cormier when Cormier takes on Frank Mir. The two heavyweights are set to meet later this year in Strikeforce.
Lawal, in a recent interview with Bloody Elbow, offered up his take on what will go down when the two square off. Lawal is currently waiting out a suspension for a failed post-fight drug test. He is signed to compete in Bellator when the suspension ends.
"The haters can say what they want, but I'll put myself out there and say this: Daniel will be Frank Mir's last fight," Lawal said. "Me and Daniel used to place bets on who could retire more people. Right now, I'm up one because I believe I retired Mark Kerr. Daniel will tie it up after this fight with Frank Mir."
Lawal defeated Kerr in 2009 via knockout in just 25 seconds. Kerr, who 39 years old at the time, has not competed in MMA since.
- Ken Shamrock Accused Of Assaulting A Woman
- Joe Rogan Feels The Older The Fighter The Better
- Lyoto Machida Turns Down Title Shot, Jon Jones Gets New Opponent For UFC 152
- Jon Jones Finally Makes His First Public Statements Since UFC 151 Cancellation
- Strikeforce: Rousey Vs. Kaufman Draws Over 3,500
- Joe Lauzon Does His Best To Sum Up The Entire Jon Jones-UFC 151 Drama
- Lightweights Shane Roller-Jacob Volkmann, Michael Johnson-Danny Castillo Moved To October
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.