Josh Koscheck was forced out of a planned match earlier this year with Jake Ellenberger due to a training injury. Now, it appears that the one-time UFC welterweight contender will be on the sidelines until the new year.
"Doesn't look like UFC has a fight 4 me until 2013," Koscheck posted on Twitter. "So I'll just train & get better."
Koscheck (17-6) had a two-fight win streak snapped when he was defeated by Johny Hendricks this past May. "Kos" had previously defeated Mike Pierce and Matt Hughes following a loss to Georges St-Pierre.
As for a potential opponent, Koscheck has several in mind, writing, "I'd like to fight Nick (Diaz), Damian (Maia), Jake (Ellenberger), Rory (MacDonald) any of those guys will do it."
- Women Are Coming To The UFC, According To Dana White
- Dana White Postpones Surgery Until 2013
- Chael Sonnen Responds To Quinton "Rampage" Jackson
- Donald Cerrone Weighing His Options After News Of Anthony Pettis Health Scare
- Legacy FC Middleweight Championship To Remain Vacant Due To Injury
- Heavyweights Pat Barry-Shane Del Rosario Targeted For TUF 16 Finale
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.