With once successful win under his belt, David Batista (1-0) already has another fighter willing to take on the former WWE Champion. John "The Original Bones" Shaddock thinks his speed and striking would be a great counter to Batista's strength. Shaddock even has a timeframe for when he wants the fight to occur.
"I am hoping on spring or summer of 2013 as he has just fought and would need time to get ready," said Shaddock. "I am not just some crack pot but a martial artist who is looking to challenge himself."
In his MMA debut, Batista won via TKO in the first round against Vince Lucero (22-23) after a shaky start. His original opponent was forced from the fight five days out after being arrested for a probation violation.
"I think he received unfair criticism over his last fight," said Shaddock. "He was given a last minute substitute when he had trained for another guy. On top of that he was fighting in his first MMA fight and he was the one with all the pressure on him."
Batista has not responded and it's unknown if he's looking to continue a career in MMA.
- Michael Bisping: If Anderson Silva Wants Time Off, Make Interim Title
- Ratings Hold Strong For Latest Episode Of The Ultimate Fighter
- UFC Goes With Alan Belcher-Yushin Okami For Final UFC 155 Main Card Bout
- Tyrone Spong Grades His MMA Debut From The WSOF
- Date Announced For Bellator Season 7 Featherweight Finals
- UFC 157 Targeted For February 23, Anaheim, California
- Jorge Masvidal: Strikeforce Lacks Communication
- Anderson Silva: No Plans To Enter Octagon, Challenge GSP At UFC 154
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.