It appears the saga of Greg Jackson has finally reached a conclusion, as UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones confirmed via Twitter that Jackson will corner him in his title fight with Rashad Evans. Previously, Jackson had said he would stay out of the corner.
Jones-Evans is slated for the main event of UFC 145 from Atlanta. The card takes place April 21.
Jones (15-1) and Evans (17-1-1) have a long history, as the two were once both under the guidance of Jackson in New Mexico. However, after a falling out between the fighters when "Bones" won the UFC title, Jackson did his best to say he would remain neutral.
"Greg Jackson confirmed today he will be in my corner for UFC 145," Jones posted. "Fortunate to have him."
Evans left Jackson's gym and went on the verbal offensive against the trainer and Jones. The two fighters have been set to square off twice before, but injuries have kept them from facing each other inside the Octagon.
- Nate Marquardt Back With Zuffa
- "Countdown To UFC 144" Airs Tonight On Fuel TV
- "UFC On Fuel TV: Sanchez Vs. Ellenberger" Medical Suspensions
- Video: Joe Rogan Responds To Rampage's Criticism
- Cruz On Faber: "He's Not Gonna Beat Me, He Doesn't Know How"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.