Rebney told MMA Junkie that it would come down to money and "he believed Bellator could come up with a deal that would be competitive with what the UFC was likely to offer him."
Alvarez was 9-1 for Bellator, who he had been with since the promotion started in 2008. His only loss came at the hands of Michael Chandler (10-0) when he dropped his lightweight title in the process.
- Paul Daley Arrested, Barred From Entering U.S.; Bellator Cancels January Fight
- Junior Dos Santos Doesn’t Mind Holiday Training
- UFC 155 Results And Live Coverage This Saturday, Current Card
- Program Reminder: Countdown To UFC 155 Debuts Tonight At 11 PM ET
- José Aldo Is Conflicted On His Next Move
- Dan Hardy: TUF Cast Is Becoming The Jersey Shore
- Anthony Pettis On Beating Benson Henderson
- Brad Pickett On Who Deserves The Next Bantamweight Title Shot
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.