Rafaello Tractor (15-5) wasn't even fighting on the UFC 153 card, but he still got injured and is now out indefinitely. He fractured his right hand while sparring before the Brazil PPV and will need surgery to repair the damage. Tractor said the doctor will put a titanium plate in his hand so that it can properly heal.
"I ended up hitting a punch on the forehead of my companion, which generated my fracture," said Tractor to TATAME. "I still have to do some tests, but the doctor has told me I will have to undergo surgery. It was a fracture on top of another fracture that healed badly."
Tractor was slated to return on December 8 when he would take on Michael Chiesa (8-0) at UFC on FOX 5. Upon his return, he hopes the UFC can still put the fight together. Chiesa will now face Marcus LeVesseur (22-6) on the card.
"I was saddened by the injury," said Tractor. "Chiesa is a good guy. He has a name within the event and I know that I have full ability to beat him. As I'm able to go back, I want to fight him, but I do what Joe Silva has planned."
February is the earliest Tractor can see himself returning to action.
- Josh Koscheck Reports Possible Nick Diaz Fight
- Gilbert Melendez Could Go To UFC "Anytime" Says Cesar Gracie
- UFC On Fox 5 Loaded With 13 Bouts
- Change Made To UFC 154 Fight Card Lineup
- WSOF Matchmaker Ali Abdel-Aziz Promises Every Card Will Be Packed With Action
- Strikeforce’s Evangelista Santos Jumps Ship To Legacy FC
- Tim Gorman Goes From Bar Fighter To Championship Contender
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.