When Fabio Mello (11-6) pulled out of his fight for the debut show of World Series of Fighting (WSOF), officials were unable to find a replacement for Waylon Lowe (13-4). As a result, Lowe was pulled from the card but still received his fight money.
"Because they gave me that money, I really want to please them and put on a really good fight," said Lowe to MMA Junkie.
Between 2010 and 2011, Lowe fought out of the UFC going 2-2. Since leaving the UFC he has won his last three fights with the most recent being in May.
Lowe expects to make his WSOF debut now in February. He is currently training with UFC fighter Frankie Edgar (14-3) and Eddie Alvarez (24-2).
- Magnus Cedenblad-Rafael Natal On For UFC On Fox 6
- Sara McMann Not Seeing Ronda Rousey Fight In The Near Future
- MMA Side Of GLORY - Dream Card Continues To Grow
- One Handed Nick Newell Ready For Title Run
- Nate Diaz Feels It's His Turn To Be UFC Champion
- Shogun Rua Discusses Turning Down Jon Jones Title Fight
- Mike Chiesa Signs With First Round Management
- Benson Henderson Focused On "W" Vs. Nate Diaz At UFC On Fox 5
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.