Jon "War Machine" Koppenhaver (12-4) has had his fair share of run-ins with the law. Recently, he was released from jail after spending a year for felony assault. During his time, Koppenhaver was separated from others because of his status and placed in the hole.
"I worked out every day for about an hour or so," said Koppenhaver to Sherdog Radio. "I would do whatever I could and shadow box and stuff just to try to maintain some kind of shape, but it was really tough because their nutrition there was real poor. I lost like 15 pounds the first few months. They weren't feeding us nothing in there."
Koppenhaver was allowed out of his cell for an hour everyday on weekdays. On the weekend, he remained in his call all day. He was released this past July and maintains what he did was not a crime and he was just defending himself against someone who was much larger.
An injury forced Koppenhaver to pull out of his Bellator return. He was supposed to be in the opening fight when Bellator debuts on Spike TV on January 17. The fans voted for him and Paul Daley (30-12-2) to meet each other. It's not known if that fight will be rescheduled.
- Brian Stann-Wanderlei Silva To Headline UFC On Fuel TV 8
- Diego Sanchez Confirms He Is Fighting Takanori Gomi At UFC On Fuel TV 8
- Georges St-Pierre Vs. Nick Diaz Close To Being Finalized For UFC 158
- Edwin Figueroa-Francisco Rivera Set For UFC 156
- UFC On Fox 5 Official Attendance, Live Gate Figures Announced
- Cub Swanson-Dennis Siver Added To UFC On Fuel TV 7
- Bellator 83 Ratings Bomb
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.