"Thanks for hanging my brothers please pray for our family pretty difficult time more glad that we have the support of God," Silva wrote on Twitter. "No words to thank the support from you guys, we did not know what else to do at such times and we see who is with us thank you. I thank all very (message) and all the prayers you guys do not know how much help me."
Silva, who currently does not have a fight booked, added, "he was a great father and a great person, great example!!"
- Tim Means-Abel Trujillo, Daron Cruickshank-Henry Martinez Moved To UFC On Fox 5
- Chael Sonnen Says Vitor Belfort "Never Shows Up," Will Pull Out Of Jon Jones Fight
- Mike Swick-Matt Brown To Square Off At UFC On Fox 5
- Heavyweights Brendan Schaub, Lavar Johnson Headed For Seattle
- Bellator Returns To Ohio, Two Names Confirmed
- Jon Jones Responds To News Dan Henderson Was Injured Three Weeks Prior To Cancelling Fight
- Dan Henderson Targets Year-End Show For Return To Action
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.