Wanderlei Silva has been pushing for a future match with Chael Sonnen since the brash American went on a verbal tirade against "The Axe Murderer," and others, months ago. In a recent interview with The Fight Show with Mauro Ranallo, Silva put the No. 1 contender on blast.
"He fights with his mouth. He's not a top guy," Silva said (thanks to MMAMania.com for transcribing). "He creates that style and looks for guys to give attention to him. But, face-to-face, he's like a kid; he'll cry like a baby, man."
Silva added that Sonnen offered to shake hands, something Silva said no to. He also offered up a first round knockout for Anderson Silva in the upcoming meeting between the two rivals at UFC 148.
"You talked some bad things. I'm old school," Silva said. "You're talking some (expletive) about me, don't shake my hand. This guy lost respect from me. Not one fighter respects him."
- Dana White Still Wants To See Frankie Edgar At 145 Lbs.
- Forrest Griffin Promises To Retire If He Loses To Tito Ortiz
- Video: "UFC 150" Kickoff Press Conference
- Mike Pierce Has Recent Win Changed To Unanimous Decision
- Wanderlei Silva To Chael Sonnen: "This Guy Lost Respect From Me"
- Frank Shamrock Slams UFC Hall Of Fame
- Quick Shots: Dana White Jokes On Rampage, Done Buying Companies
- B.J. Penn Looking To Show Tristar & Canada What He's Really About
- Video: Wanderlei Silva Trains With Lyoto Machida At Black House
- UFC Featherweight Ross Pearson Excited To Test His Skills Against Cub Swanson, Make Title Run
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.