Returning light heavyweight prospect Phil Davis was expected to face Chad Griggs at UFC on Fox 4 this summer, but Griggs has postponed his 205lbs debut after suffering an injury in training camp.
MMAWeekly reports that undefeated Brazilian fighter Wagner Prado will step up and make his Octagon debut against Davis to fill in for Griggs.
Prado is unbeaten in seven professional outings, with only one of those fights going the distance. He has earned all of his other victories by KO or TKO and all but one of them in the first round. The Team Nogueira product will be competing outside of Brazil for the first time when he travels Los Angeles this summer to meet Davis.
Davis will be looking to rebound from his first defeat as a professional, which came against Rashad Evans this past January. Prior to that unanimous decision loss, Davis had put together a nine-fight winning streak that included wins over Brian Stann, Alexander Gustafsson, Tim Boetsch and Antonio Rogerio Nogueira.
UFC on Fox 4 will take place on August 4 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.
- Patrick Cote Replaces Rich Franklin In Fight Vs. Cung Le At "UFC 148"
- Roy “Big Country” Nelson Would Love To Welcome Brock Lesnar Back To UFC
- Dominick Cruz Discusses Knee Injury, TUF Experience, Faber-Barao
- Wagner Prado To Face Phil Davis In Griggs' Place
- Rick Story Facing New Opponent... Again
- More Details From Arianny Celeste's Domestic Violence Case (With Mugshots)
- Rousimar Palhares Says He Was Sick During Alan Belcher Fight
- Video: Jose "Pele" Landi-Jons Calls Out "Wussy Liar" Anderson Silva
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.