UFC officials announced on Monday that Roger Hollett will not be able to face Matt Hamill in Hamill's return to action at UFC 152: Benavidez vs. Johnson. In place of Hollett will be veteran Vladimir Matyushenko.
UFC 152 takes place September 22 from Toronto, Ontario, Canada. The main event features Joseph Benavidez and Demetrious Johnson doing battle for the first-ever UFC flyweight title.
Hamill retired last year after a second consecutive loss to Alexander Gustafsson. The 35-year-old recently announced his desire to fight again, as he looks to improve upon his 10-4 record.
Matyushenko (26-6) is also coming off a loss to Gustafsson, as he was stopped late in 2011. His last three losses have been to Gustafsson, current UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones and Antonio Rogerio Nogueira.
- Tito Ortiz Launches Sports Management Agency
- Wagner Prado Cleared, Hopes For Quick Rematch With Phil Davis
- Jose Aldo Says He Will "Shut Off" Frankie Edgar If They Meet
- Mark Bocek-Rafael Dos Anjos Set For UFC 154
- Randy Couture Helps The Expendables 2 Bring In Nearly $29 Million
- Liz Carmouche Offers Up Her Services To Face Ronda Rousey
- Joe Lauzon-Gray Maynard Added To Year-End UFC 155 Card
- Former NFL Player Turned MMA Fighter Herschel Walker On The Competition Difference
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.