Belfort (21-9) defeated Anthony Johnson and Yoshihiro Akiyama since a loss to UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva. He is hoping to be on the Rio de Janeiro, Brazil card which takes place this October.
"(Chris) Weidman, or the winner of the Cuban (Hector Lombard) vs. (Tim) Boetsch," said Belfort, in an interview with the Brazilian news outlet Tatame. "I'm waitng for my confirmation on the Rio card, see who's gonna be my opponent. Nobody send me anything yet; I believe I'll get an answer on that next week."
Weidman, of course, just stopped Mark Munoz and made a claim to face Silva next. Lombard and Boetsch collide this coming weekend at UFC 149: Faber vs. Barao in the co-main event.
- Alexander Gustafsson Targeting Early Fall Return To Action
- Chael Sonnen Gives His Responses To "Rampage" Jackson
- Anderson Silva's Wife Extends BBQ Invite To Chael Sonnen
- Anthony Johnson Feels "Healthier" By Making Decision To Fight At 205
- John Lineker Vs. Yasuhiro Urushitani On Deck For UFC 151
- Melvin Guillard Says "There Is No Way" Donald Cerrone Can Beat Him
- Roy Nelson Happy To Be Average, Not Sure Where Hatred From Shane Carwin Originated
- Tito Ortiz Says TRT Use Needs To Be Stopped Right Now
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.