Former UFC champion Vitor Belfort plans on proving everyone wrong come Saturday night at UFC 152: Jones vs. Belfort. "The Phenom" feels he is completely prepared to walk out of the Octagon as the UFC light heavyweight champion.
"It doesn't matter what others think," Belfort said. "It just matters what I think and what God thinks. (Jon) Jones will be defending his title and I need to take charge and come to fight."
Belfort is a former UFC light heavyweight and heavyweight champion, but he was defeated in his last attempt to secure the belt when Anderson Silva stopped him in the first round. Belfort has won two consecutive fights since the loss, and is 7-1 in his last eight overall.
"To have the opportunity to fight Jon Jones - the young lion against the old lion - is a great opportunity," Belfort said. "I can't wait to fight (Saturday) night."
- Dana White Returns With A Video Blog Featuring UFC 150
- Video: UFC 152: Jones Vs. Belfort Post-Fight Press Conference At 1:30 AM ET/10:30 PM PT
- Chuck Liddell Picks Jon Jones To Retain Against Vitor Belfort
- Brian Stann Sees Several Names Ahead Of His In The Middleweight Division
- Anthony Johnson Picks Up Third Consecutive Victory
- TUF Episode 2 Recap: Team Carwin Strikes First
- Rashad Evans Talks Facing Vitor Belfort, Drop To Middleweight
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline