Former Ultimate Fighter runner-up Vinny Magalhaes has been working towards a return to the UFC since his release from the promotion in 2009.
Magalhaes has won his last five fights, all of which have come via stoppage. Magalhaes (9-5) will face Igor Pokrajac at UFC 152: Jones vs. Belfort later this month, and sees another early night in store for himself.
"I see a submission: first, second maybe third round," said Magalhaes, in an interview with MMASucka.com. "He is pretty good at standing, but one thing I tell people, 'No matter how much better the other guy is at striking, he can leave openings to get taken down striking.'"
Magalhaes stepped down from his coaching position at Xtreme Couture after signing back with the UFC, focusing his attention on training himself full-time. Magalhaes was the head Brazilian jiu-jitsu coach at the gym, where he still trains.
"I don't want to be spending nine hours at the gym training and teaching," Magalhaes said, "so I'm just going to focus on what I want to do most, which is fighting."
- Lyoto Machida Tweets Out A "Big Surprise" Is In The Future; Wanderlei Silva Hints At UFC 153 Fight
- Fabio Maldonado Wants To Face Glover Teixeira In Brazil, Teixeira Willing To Face Anyone
- UFC Confirms TUF: India, Show To Begin In 2013
- Jose Aldo "Very Sad" For Having To Pull Out Of UFC 153
- Frankie Edgar Willing To Fight Whenever The UFC Wants Him To
- If Asked, Urijah Faber All For Facing Frankie Edgar
- Joe Lauzon Proves He Asked For Gray Maynard First
- Roger Hollett Back In To Face Matt Hamill At UFC 152
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline