Former Ultimate Fighter runner-up Vinny Magalhaes returned to the UFC earlier this month and defeated Igor Pokrajac. However, Magalhaes was denied the Submission of the Night bonus after UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones submitted Vitor Belfort in the main event.
Now, Magalhaes is making sure it is known that he feels slighted by Jones - for more than one reason.
"I just texted Joe Silva to give me a fight in December, but I don't think it's gonna happen because of (UFC) 151, that thing that happened because of Jones," said Magalhaes, during an interview with MMA Fight Corner. "I wanted to fight. To be honest with you, Jon Jones has been screwing me over really bad lately. He's taking money out of my pocket, and because of what he did with 151, I'm not gonna fight in December."
The UFC was forced to re-schedule several matches after cancelling UFC 151 in September. Magalhaes mentioned possibly fighting Matt Hamill, who also returned to the Octagon and earned a victory at UFC 152: Jones vs. Belfort.
"I think Matt Hamill would be the ideal match," Magalhaes said. "I'd also like to fight the winner of Phil Davis-Wagner Prado."
- Only One Fight Disappointed At UFC On FUEL TV 5
- Kyle Kingsbury Confirms Multiple Facial Fractures
- Rashad Evans Further Explains Reason For Turning Down Fight
- Dana White Halts Greg Jackson Bashing
- Matt Mitrione Declined Daniel Cormier Fight
- Highlights From "UFC On Fuel TV: Struve Vs. Miocic"
- Video: "UFC On FX: Browne Vs. Bigfoot" Preview
- Daniel Cormier Talks His Next Opponent
- Chael Sonnen Facing Forrest Griffin Next, But Has Jon Jones On Mind
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.