Vinny Magalhaes was recently resigned by the UFC, and will face Igor Pokrajac at UFC 152 in September. Well, during a recent interview with the Brazilian news source Tatame, Magalhaes said he feels like he is capable of submitting UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones.
"On the ground, I believe I can submit everyone on my division in the UFC, including Jon Jones," Magalhaes said. "But it's too soon to speculate about that. Having only good jiu-jitsu won't make anyone a UFC champion."
Magalhaes was a runner-up on The Ultimate Fighter, falling to Ryan Bader. He was released by the UFC and went on to win the M-1 Global light heavyweight title. He re-enters the UFC with a record of 9-5, having won each of his last five fights.
As for his upcoming opponent, Pokrajac, Magalhaes said, "If I dominate him on the ground, I'll submit him."
- Next Up On Ronda Rousey's Hit List: Michael Phelps
- Urijah Faber Confirms Broken Rib During Fight With Renan Barao
- Video: "UFC 150: Henderson Vs. Edgar II" Trailer
- Hector Lombard To Welterweight? Yes, Says Dana White
- Rebellion MMA Radio: Sarah Kaufman, Lyle Beerbohm
- Matt Riddle Wants Dan Hardy, But Hardy Has No Interest In Fight
- Despite Loss, Urijah Faber Plans To Remain A Bantamweight
- Re-Live Ryan Jimmo's Incredible 7-Second KO At UFC 149
- Video: Highlights From "UFC 149: Faber Vs. Barao"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.