Former Ultimate Fighter runner-up Vinny Magalhaes made a triumphant return to the UFC earlier this year. Now, he wants to test his excellent submission game against wrestling powerhouse Phil Davis.
However, it appears Davis has informed the UFC that he will not be able to make a February bout with Magalhaes due to prior family plans. That didn't sit too well with the Brazilian, as he told BloodyElbow.com recently.
"Family plans? If it's something huge, I can understand, but it it's like a vacation or something, he should be like, 'I'm gonna have to do this later because I have a fight,'" Magalhaes said. "Style-wise, I'm a horrible fight for him. That makes me real upset, and that's why I've been calling him out on Twitter."
Davis was set to face Forrest Griffin later this month, but Griffin was knocked out with a knee injury. Davis said he would face Magalhaes instead, but he declined taking the fight on short notice.
- Benson Henderson: Friend Or Foe, At 155 It Doesn't Matter
- Chael Sonnen On TUF Coaching Gig: I Didn't Realize I Wasn't Coaching Jon Jones
- UFC On FX 6 Weigh-In Results
- Vinny Magalhaes Calls Out Phil Davis: "I'm A Horrible Fight For Him"
- Eric Kelly-Honorio Banario To Meet For ONE FC Featherweight Title
- Bellator 84 Weigh-In Results: Tourney Finals Are Set
- Video: Anderson Silva Stars In Brazilian Duracell Advertisement
- Dana White Calls Ronda Rousey "Nasty, Mean... Like Chuck Liddell"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.