Faber and Renan Barao will square off in the new main event of UFC 149 on July 21 from Calgary, Alberta for the interim UFC bantamweight title. The bout was moved to fill the void when Jose Aldo, the UFC featherweight champion, was forced out of a planned fight with Erik Koch with an injury.
"I'm not really happy about all the changes, but there is nothing I can do," said Faber, in an interview with ABC News 10. "The worst part about it; I had a lot of people coming to support me (in Las Vegas) because I had been promoting the same date for the past four months. I was really happy to be a part of that."
Faber, however, isn't going to let the date change keep him from putting on a performance inside the Octagon saying, "my event is going to be awesome as well. Barao and myself have a chance to be fight of the year."
- Bibiano Fernandes Out Of "UFC 149" Fight With Roland Delorme
- Joey Beltran Returns, Will Face James Te Huna At "UFC On FUEL TV 4"
- "UFC On FX 3: Johnson Vs. McCall 2" Ratings
- Erik Koch Aims To Wait It Out While Jose Aldo Recovers
- Martin Kampmann Talks Stoppage In Bout With Jake Ellenberger
- Ticket Sale Round Up: "UFC: Nottingham" And UFC 150 On Sale Soon
- "UFC: Nottingham" Set For September 29
- Demetrious Johnson Talks Victory Over Ian McCall
- Video: "UFC 147: Silva Vs. Franklin 2" Trailer
- Carlos Condit Responds To Interim Title Criticism
- Mauricio "Shogun" Rua Said He'd "Rather Be Cut" Than Fight Glover Teixeira
- UFC Approached Rory MacDonald About Fight With BJ Penn