Bantamweights Urijah Faber and Ivan Menjivar are expected to square off in a rematch seven years in the making. MMAWeekly.com has confirmed with sources that verbal agreements are in place for Faber-Menjivar II to take place at UFC 157.
Faber earned a disqualification victory over Menjivar back in 2006 when the two were competing for the TKO promotion.
It had been previously reported that Faber (26-6) would face Vaughan Lee, but that appears to be just a rumor. Faber has gone 2-2 since joining the UFC after the WEC folded.
Menjivar (25-9) topped Azamat Gashimov last month, winning his fourth fight in five matches.
- Renan Barao-Michael McDonald On Tap For 2013
- Emotional Dominick Cruz Discusses His Latest Knee Injury
- Randy Couture Responds To Steven Seagal's Fight Request
- Bellator 82 Ratings Are In
- Tyson Griffin Glad With His Decision To Leave Xtreme Couture For AKA
- Bjorn Rebney Details New Championship Rematch Stipulation
- Video: Dana White Returns With Blog Featuring Chael Sonnen
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.