Urijah Faber helped the WEC grow into a strong company, carrying the banner for the "little" fighters for several years. Now, as a member of the UFC's bantamweight roster, "The California Kid" is set to main event another pay-per-view.
Originally, Faber was set to meet Dominick Cruz for the UFC title. Cruz, however, went down with a knee injury and an interim title was created. With this being his second shot at UFC gold, Faber was asked if he feels a sense of urgency to become a champion inside the Octagon during a media conference call Thursday.
"I always feel a sense of urgency when I'm in a fight," said Faber, who dropped a close decision to Cruz last year. "That's just the way I approach things. Over my entire career, I feel in some way, shape or form, most of my fights have been either title fights or fights to get into title fights."
Faber wore WEC gold, his ultimate goal is to become a champion in the UFC. He said this bout with Barao, "is a fight I need to win."
- Shoulder Surgery, Not Jose Aldo, On The Horizon For "The Korean Zombie"
- Luke Rockhold Will "Legitimize" Himself With Win Over Tim Kennedy Saturday
- Junior Dos Santos Unsure When He'll Return To The Octagon
- Ex-WWE Star Dave Bautista Set To Make MMA Debut In October
- Rebellion MMA Radio Returns With Jared Rosholt, Fightville Giveaway
- Move To 205 Interests Chael Sonnen
- UFC On FUEL TV: Munoz Vs. Weidman Medical Suspensions Feature Munoz, Te Huna
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.