Urijah Faber said during the post-fight interview that he felt like Renan Barao broke one of his ribs during early action Satrday night in their main event fight at UFC 149: Faber vs. Barao. Now, thanks to an X-ray, we have found out that is what happened.
Faber was defeated via decision to Barao, as the Brazilian claimed the interim UFC bantamweight championship. "The California Kid" posted an update on Twitter Sunday.
"Congrats 2 Renan Barao. He's a tough dude," Faber said. "Broke my rib in the 1st with a great knee. Thank u 4 all the support."
Check out the damage done by Barao to Faber in the picture below:
- Dana White Asked Quinton "Rampage" Jackson To "Honor" Contract
- Chael Sonnen Down For "War Of Words" With WWE Superstar The Rock
- Alan Belcher Gives Us An Update On His Next Fight
- Benson Henderson Gives Us His Three Rules To Fighting
- Heavyweights Rob Broughton, Matt Mitrione Off UFC On FOX 4
- Bjorn Rebney Doesn't Believe Ben Askren Is Boring
- Tim Kennedy Vs. Roger Gracie? Former Military Man Says Yes
- Jamie Varner Excited For Opportunity Presented To Him At UFC On FOX 4
- "Life Changed A Lot" Says Renan Barao In Regards To Being A UFC Champion
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline