After two weeks, UFC bantamweight champion Dominick Cruz was pitching a shutout against No. 1 contender Urijah Faber on The Ultimate Fighter: Live. Finally, following a split decision victory by top pick Al Iaquinta last Friday night, Faber's team got on the board.
Now, "The California Kid" will try to even things up when he sends Mike Chiesa against Jeremy Larsen this week. The show will be televised live beginning at 10 p.m. ET on FX.
"It does feel good," said Faber, in a recent interview with MMAjunkie.com. "We needed that. I do my best to disassociate from wins and losses that other people are doing, but it does feel great to get a win. We really needed that, and Al knew that also."
Cruz and Faber will continue coaching opposite one another until the season ends later this year. Cruz will also defend his title against Faber in July, as the two square off for a third time.
As a reminder, FightLine will have complete recaps each and every week from all the action on TUF: Live.
- Brock Lesnar Officially Returns To WWE
- "TUF: Live" Ratings Dip Once Again
- Brendan Schaub: "I Think I'm Going To Be World Champ"
- James Head Planning To Put Papy Abedi To Sleep "At UFC On Fuel TV"
- "UFC Primetime: UFC 145" Set To Debut Friday Night
- UFC Officially Announces Jake Ellenberger Vs. Martin Kampmann For TUF Finale
- Ben Askren Vs. Douglas Lima Headlines Bellator 64 This Friday
- Gilbert Melendez-Josh Thomson III Set For "Strikeforce: Barnett Vs. Cormier"
- Martin Kampmann-Jake Ellenberger Announced As Potential No. 1 Contender Match
- Title-Shot First, Anderson Silva Still Possible For Dan Henderson
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.