"I've definitely fought better fighters but the guy's got the championship mentality, there's no doubt about that," said Faber. "This is going to be his toughest test. This is not going to be my toughest test though."
The two will headline UFC 149 on July 21 after Dominick Cruz pulled out of the Faber matchup, citing a torn ACL. While Cruz holds the bantamweight belt, Barao still poses a serious risk with his explosiveness and athleticism which has led to three straight victories over top competition in Cole Escovedo, Brad Pickett and Scott Jorgensen.
"I'm excited for it. I feel like it's a more dangerous fight," Faber commented on his upcoming bout. "It's not going to be as tricky as Cruz. He's moving around a lot, he's trying to point you. Barao and I are going to go out there and I'm going to get the win."
- Days Before Fight With Anderson Silva, Chael Sonnen Goes Off On Belfort, Wanderlei
- Nick Diaz Fined $79,500 From His UFC 143 Purse
- Dana White Confirms Silva-Sonnen II Almost Didn't Happen
- Miesha Tate Returning August 18 Against Julie Kedzie
- Video: UFC 148: Silva Vs. Sonnen II By The Numbers
- Tito Ortiz Is Leaving Fighting, Not MMA, After "UFC 148"
- Urijah Faber On Chael Sonnen: "This Sport Needs Guys Like Chael Sonnen"
- Charges Dropped Against UFC Octagon Girl Arianny Celeste
- Chael Sonnen Sounds Off On Radio Host, Hangs Up
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.