Urijah Faber was asked after a five-round decision loss to Renan Barao Saturday night in the main event of UFC 149: Faber vs. Barao if a move to flyweight has been considered. Faber, a former WEC featherweight champion, said that is not happening.
"No way. I put on 18 pounds (Friday night after weigh-ins), and I would probably not be here if I was trying to get to 125," said Faber, during the post-fight press conference. "No, 135 is where I'll be."
Faber was unable to figure out Barao, as the Brazilian claimed the interim UFC bantamweight championship. That leaves Barao to be the next man to face Dominick Cruz, who was forced to pull out of a planned fight with Faber after a knee injury.
"The California Kid" is now 26-6 overall, but 0-5 in his last five championship matches. He was defeated by Cruz - via decision - when the two met last year.
- Dana White Asked Quinton "Rampage" Jackson To "Honor" Contract
- Chael Sonnen Down For "War Of Words" With WWE Superstar The Rock
- Alan Belcher Gives Us An Update On His Next Fight
- Benson Henderson Gives Us His Three Rules To Fighting
- Heavyweights Rob Broughton, Matt Mitrione Off UFC On FOX 4
- Bjorn Rebney Doesn't Believe Ben Askren Is Boring
- Tim Kennedy Vs. Roger Gracie? Former Military Man Says Yes
- Jamie Varner Excited For Opportunity Presented To Him At UFC On FOX 4
- "Life Changed A Lot" Says Renan Barao In Regards To Being A UFC Champion
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline