The UFC went with a live-fight format for this first season on FX, but the ratings were not to the level that were expected. UFC president Dana White also said that if the next season isn't up to standards expected, "(FX) promised me we can move it to Tuesday or Wednesday." He added that casting would begin in three weeks and the show will debut in September with welterweights.
"FX wants to try it again on Friday nights," White said. "But if it's not up to the standards I'm expecting, I'm pretty sure they'll give me what I want. But this season was a smash hit home run for them."
- "The Ultimate Fighter" Doing Away With Live Fights
- Tito Ortiz To Be Inducted Into UFC Hall Of Fame
- UFC's Long-Term Goal: World Cup Of The Ultimate Fighter
- Winning UFC Gold Gave Benson Henderson Validation
- Frankie Edgar Not Thinking About Move To Featherweight, Focused On Bendo
- Dana White Continues Push For Use Of Technology By Fight Judges
- Forrest Griffin Talks Completing Trilogy With Tito Ortiz
- Randy Couture Talks TRT, Suggests Alternatives
- Clay Guida Eying ‘Fight Of The Night’ Honors, TKO Victory Over Gray Maynard