UFC president Dana White has confirmed a report that The Ultimate Fighter will return to Wednesday nights in 2013 with MMAFighting.com. Malki Kawa, the manager for UFC light heavyweight Jon Jones, mentioned the move during an interview with The Fight Network on Wednesday, and White confirmed the switch.
Jones and Chael Sonnen will be the coaches when the season airs on FX in January. Chuck Safler, an FX Executive Vice President, said the reality series would move off Fridays in the new year this past October during a conference call, but did not pin down a day of the week at that time.
TUF originally aired on Wednesday nights while on Spike TV. The program shifted to Friday when the UFC and Fox worked out a contract.
- Gray Maynard Headed For Surgery With Torn Ligaments
- Shane Carwin Tore Just About Every Ligament In His Knee, Says His Manager
- Mark Hominick Knows His Back Is Up Against A Wall At UFC 154
- The Ultimate Fighter Moving To Wednesday Nights In 2013
- Royce Gracie Makes Claims Against Shane Carwin Following Fight Withdrawl
- Shane Carwin Out With Knee Injury, UFC Seeking Opponent For Roy Nelson
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.