Round 1: Oliveira goes for a couple of hard leg kicks that have a lot of pop. The Brazilian has a lot more bounce to his step as the two clinch and exchange a couple of knees. Big knee from Oliveira that almost lands but Brookins latches on and get the takedown. Brookins now contemplating moving into Oliveira's guard but needs to be careful. The two go back to the feet. Oliveira lands a huge overhand right that rattles Brookins momentarily. Another series of rights sends Brookings spiraling but the two trade blows against the cage. Nice matchup here but it seems Oliveira is a little more skilled on the feet as Brookins keeps his hands low and eats more punches. First round ends as the two embrace in an exciting start to the bout.
Fightline scores the round 10-9 for Oliveira
Round 2: Oliveira goes for a front kick ala Anderson Silva but misses. The more comfortable he gets the more he is favored here but Brookins swarms with a series of strikes of his own. The two clinch against the cage as they battle for position. Oliveira gets a big takedown and falls into the former TUF champ's guard. Oliveira now has a guillotine locked up on him and continues to crank on the neck. Slick submission there as he closes out the fight.
Charles Oliveira defeated Jonathan Brookins via submission (guillotine) at 2:42 in the second round.
- Jon Fitch Out Of Planned Bout With Aaron Simpson
- "TUF: The Smashes" Will Feature Welterweights, Lightweights
- Dominick Cruz Discusses His Upcoming Knee Surgery
- Video: Highlights From Kampmann-Ellenberger, Chiesa-Iaquinta
- King Mo: Jon Jones Won't Be Great Until He Beats Me
- "The Ultimate Fighter: Live Finale" Gate And Attendance
- Frank Mir Discusses Therapeutic Use Exemptions
- Kampmann And Ellenberger Talk Controversial Stoppage
- Martin Kampmann Does It Again, Storming Back To Finish Jake Ellenberger
- "The Ultimate Fighter: Live" Bonuses Awarded
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.