By moving the promotion's flagship reality show from SpikeTV to FX and wrapping it up in a new format, the UFC boss was hoping to generate bigger numbers than all of the previous fourteen seasons that ran on SpikeTV. This season has achieved the opposite, setting a series record for lowest average ratings and for the lowest ratings from a single episode (episode five fell below the one million mark for the first time in series history).
Luckily for the UFC, MMAWeekly reports that the numbers for last week's episode showed a slight improvement from that unfortunate record. At an average of one million viewers, it at least didn't fall below that mark.
On episode six, Joe Proctor from Team Faber was tasked with dispatching of Team Cruz's resident cut-up, Chris Tickle. The soft-spoken man from Massachusetts finished Tickle with a rear naked choke in the first round to keep control in Team Faber's hands.
For a full recap of the episode, click here.
- Shinya Aoki Has No Regrets About Breaking Bones, Set To Meet Eddie Alvarez Friday Night
- Recently Released Alexis Vila Targets Spot In UFC's Flyweight Division
- Video: "Countdown To UFC 145" Complete Episode
- Video: Rashad Evans Interview
- Chuck Liddell Calls Jones-Evans Odds "Ridiculous"
- "UFC 144: Edgar Vs. Henderson" Drug Test Results
- Overeem's Team Has Explanation For Test. Ratio, But It's Not TRT
- "UFC On FUEL TV 2: Gustafsson Vs. Silva" Ratings
- Video: Rashad Evans, "Georgia On My Mind"
- Revisit Greasegate And More In Dana White's UFC 94 Vlog
- Kenny Florian Voices Support For King Mo
- Newcomer Tim Elliott Will Face John Dodson At "UFC On FOX 3"
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.