This week on The Ultimate Fighter: Live, the last quarter-finalist will be determined as Team Cruz's Mike Rio and Team Faber's Andy Ogle square off in the final first round bout of the tourney.
We get a glimpse of the fallout from last week's fights before moving on to this season's coaches challenge. Sponsored by the U.S. Marine Corps, the coaches challenge is an obstacle course/marksmanship contest.
Thanks to TapouT, the winning coach stands to make $20,000 and his team $1,5000 apiece. The course is pretty hardcore; it starts with a rope climb, to a set of pistol targets, to a tire flipping stretch, to an incendiary target range, to a body dummy carry, to an M-249 jug target set, to an ammo box carry, to a grenade launcher target set.
Cruz starts out strong, but Faber ends up taking the lead down the stretch and ultimately winning the competition.
Weigh-ins: Mike Rio (156) vs. Andy Ogle (155)
Mike Rio vs. Andy Ogle
Round 1: They touch gloves and Rio takes the center. Ogle backs him off with a left hand. Ogle lands a long left uppercut flush. Ogle moving well and tagging Rio with some stiff punches. Rio scores with a jab. Ogle lunges forward with a three-piece. Rio putting on the pressure, but Ogle is staying on his bicycle and countering well. Rio shoots for the double and plants Ogle with ease. Ogle uses the cage to stand; Rio keeps him pinned and gets in a knee. Ogle breaks away. Ogle still getting the better of things standing up. Ogle with a slapping overhand right. Rio comes forward with a pair of solid jabs. Rio hits a takedown in the closing seconds.
FightLine scores the round 10-9 for Ogle
Round 2: Ogle's right eye marked up, but he comes out hard and lands some good punches. Rio coming forward; he backs Ogle to the wall behind a flurry of punches, but Ogle turns him and breaks free. Rio shoots for another takedown and gets it after some struggle. Ogle trying to wall walk, but Rio is holding him down. Rio wailing on Ogle, busting up his face. Ogle stands and Rio takes his back, dragging Ogle to a knee. Rio pulls him to the mat and locks the body triangle. Ogle breaks it and turns into his guard with a little over two minutes to go. Ogle passes to side control. Rio tries to work to his feet, but Ogle takes his back and flattens him out. Ogle working some solid ground and pound. Less than a minute to go and Ogle sinks the rear naked choke; Rio taps quickly.
Andy Ogle defeated Mike Rio via submission (rear naked choke) at 4:19 of round 2
UFC president Dana White announces next week's quarter-final match ups.
Quarter-final Match ups
-James Vick vs. Joe Proctor
-Justin Lawrence vs. Michael Chiesa
- "Super Fight League 3" Results: James Thompson Tops Bobby Lashley
- Roger Gracie To Make Middleweight Debut Vs. Keith Jardine At Strikeforce Event
- Frank Mir Discusses His Next Opponent UFC Heavyweight Champion Junior Dos Santos
- Not Even Illness Could Take Johny Hendricks Down
- Nate Diaz Happy To Rest Up Before Title Shot
- Hendricks Vs. GSP A "Pretty Interesting Fight" To UFC Pres
- Dana White Says The Diaz Bros. Fight Like No One Else
- Frankie Edgar Assesses "Stud" Nate Diaz's Big Win
- Dana White Says Alan Belcher Earned Top 5 Spot In Victory
- Josh Koscheck: "(Hendricks) Had Luck On His Side Tonight"
- "UFC On FOX 3: Diaz Vs. Miller" Gate And Attendance
- Dana White Confirms Nate Diaz Is Next In Line For Title Shot
- "UFC On FOX 3: Diaz Vs. Miller" Medical Suspensions
- "UFC On FOX 3: Diaz Vs. Miller" Fight Night Bonuses
- Video: "UFC On FOX 3: Diaz Vs. Miller" Post-Fight Press Conference
- UFC On FOX 3: Nate Diaz Vs. Jim Miller
- Nate Diaz Makes A Statement With Submission Of Jim Miller