With just two matches left in this season of The Ultimate Fighter: Live, we are nearing a new champion of the series. This week, Al Iaquinta takes on Vinc Pichel, while Michael Chiesa faces off with James Vick.
The winner of the tournament, along with the coach of that fighter will receive a Harley-Davidson bike, UFC president Dana White announces. Urijah Faber is guiding Iaquinta and Chiesa, while Dominick Cruz leads Vick and Pichel.
After White announces that all members of the show will compete on The Ultimate Fighter: Live Finale next Friday night, he informs Andy Ogle and Mike Rio that they are not allowed to compete due to medical issues. Ogle asks for a fight in England in September, and White agrees to this.
First up is Vick-Chiesa to determine one of the finalists. Vick is the aggressor early on, taking control of the fight. He scores a pair of takedowns with well-executed trips, landing some ground-and-pound with the second one. A third takedown by Vick in the round secures the opening five minutes for him, as Chiesa does enough to avoid a submission as the horn sounds.
In the second, Chiesa starts off like a ball of fire, landing strikes to Vick. A takedown by Chiesa turns into some intense ground-and-pound, with the referee eventually stepping in and calling the fight. Vick is disappointed, while Chiesa is overwhelmed by the opportunity he just gave himself.
Iaquinta and Pichel follow, with the Team Faber fighter doing what he has done all season long: control and dominate. Iaquinta gets a takedown right away, and tries to lock in a submission attempt that Pichel fights out of. Iaquinta continues with the leg kicks, adding another takedown as the round comes to an end.
The second is more of the same from Iaquinta, as he avoids any big-time damage from Pichel and remains in control. Iaquinta is unable to get his desired takedowns, as Pichel does a nice job of fighting them off. However, he fails to do much damage to Iaquinta, and the judges award the match to Iaquinta via unanimous decision.
So, we have an all-Faber final, with Al Iaquinta taking on Michael Chiesa.
- Video: Junior Dos Santos Vs. Frank Mir Highlights
- Dana White Talks Arianny Celeste's Arrest
- Video: Cain Velasquez Vs. Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva Highlights
- Dana White Hints At Brock Lesnar's Return
- Jason "Mayhem" Miller Cut From UFC
- Vitor Belfort Out Of UFC 147 With Broken Hand
- 'UFC 146: Dos Santos Vs. Mir' Live Gate And Attendance
- 'UFC 146: Dos Santos Vs. Mir' Fight Night Bonuses
- UFC 146: Junior Dos Santos Vs. Frank Mir
- Frank Mir No Match For Junior Dos Santos And His Boxing
- Statement Made By Cain Velasquez With Stoppage Of Antonio Silva
- UFC 146: Cain Velasquez Vs. Antonio Silva
- Roy Nelson Drops Dave Herman With One Punch KO
- UFC 146: Roy Nelson Vs. Dave Herman
- Stipe Miocic Remains Undefeated, Deals Shane Del Rosario His First Career Loss In Process
- UFC 146: Stipe Miocic Vs. Shane Del Rosario
- Stefan Struve Puts His Submission Skills On Display Again Vs. Lavar Johnson
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.