The first fight on the main card sees featherweights Dustin Poirier (12-2) vs. Jonathan Brookins (13-5).
Round 1: They touch gloves. Brookins with a big right hand. He has Poirier against the cage and is teeing off, but Brookins is swinging back. Poirier has the back. He lets go. Brookins has him against the cage again and connects with some punches.
Back at the center of the Octagon and a right hook by Poirier. Brookins grabs a leg and pushes him against the cage. Poirier powers out of it. Some shots to the head by Poirier and he looks to take control on the cage. Brookins looks to go to the ground and Piorier catches him in a choke. He locks in the D'arce choke and Brookins taps quickly.
Dustin Poirier defeated Jonathan Brookins via submission (D'arce choke) at 4:15 of round 1
- One UFC Fighter Thinks Ronda Rousey Shouldn’t Have Been Handed The Title
- Rory MacDonald On If B.J. Penn Should Retire
- Dana White: If Michael Bisping Defeats Vitor Belfort He’s Next In Line For The Title Shot
- The Ultimate Fighter 16 Finale Bonuses Handed Out, Live Gate Released
- Melvin Guillard Doesn’t Think Jamie Varner Will Be At UFC 155
- The Ultimate Fighter 16 Finale: Roy Nelson Vs. Matt Mitrione
- The Ultimate Fighter 16 Finale: Colton Smith Vs. Mike Ricci
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.