The Ultimate Fighter returned Friday evening with a two-hour episode. Thirty-two fighters competed for 16 spots inside the TUF house, with heavyweight coaches Shane Carwin and Roy Nelson selecting their eight-fighter teams.
Dom Waters opened things up with a knockout victory over Kevin Nowaczyk, while Michael Hill stopped Lev Magen. Bristol Marunde, a former Strikeforce veteran, submitted George Lockhart, and Mike Ricci made it four consecutive stoppage fights to start by defeating Jason South.
Julian Lane claimed a decision over Diego Bautista, while Igor Araujo submitted Cortez Coleman, James Chaney submitted Jerel Clark, and Cameron Diffley subbed Zane Kamaka.
Neil Magney defeated Frank Camacho via decision, while Jon Manley and Ricky Legere, Jr. went to the scorecards, as well. Manley came out on top, as did Colton Smith over Jesse Barrett.
Matt Secor earned a submission win over Max Griffin, and Eddy Ellis subbed David Michaud. Joey Rivera picked up a decision win over Saad Awad, while Nic Herron-Webb submitted Tim Ruberg and Sam Alvey finished out the night with a knockout of Leo Kuntz.
Nelson picked Waters, Hill, Riffley, Smith, Manley, Webb, Rivera and Lane, while Carwin went with Alvey, Marunde, Ricci, Magny, Chaney, Ellis, Araujo and Secor.
- Nick Ring Vs. Constantinos Philippou Added To UFC 154
- Jorge Masvidal: Strikeforce Needs More Shows
- Jon Jones Thinks He's Wrongfully Portrayed As The Villain
- Fans Will See A Reborn Chris Leben In UFC Return
- Jon Fitch Thinks Championship Fights Are Given Out To The UFC's Favorites
- UFC 140 Taught Walel Watson A Lesson The Hard Way
- Krzysztof Soszynski-Ednaldo Oliveira Set For UFC On FX: Lombard Vs. Palhares
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline