The numbers are in for the debut episode of The Ultimate Fighter 15, with MMAJunkie reporting the show's average audience at 1.3 million viewers.
"Now that we've got this new platform, going on big Fox and FX, the amount of viewers that are going to watch, I mean this season (the fourteenth) of 'The Ultimate Fighter' with no promotion whatsoever is pulling between 1.5 and 1.8 million viewers," White said. "We'll more than double that when we go onto FX. I mean we'll probably have more than 3 million viewers on FX watching the 'Ultimate Fighter'."
The Ultimate Fighter 15, or The Ultimate Fighter: Live, features coaches Dominick Cruz and Urijah Faber coaching aspiring UFC lightweights to a six-figure UFC contract. This season will feature a drastic change in format, as it will be edited and aired every Friday, with a live fight accompanying each episode.
The premier episode saw the initial thirty-two fighters battle it out for a spot on the house in sixteen single-round scraps.
- Georges St-Pierre Continues His "Road To Recovery" Series
- Miesha Tate Looking For Rematch With Ronda Rousey
- Video: Preview For Mark Hominick's Documentary "Fight Spirit Pride"
- Quick Shots: Bisping Note, George Lucas' Daughter Talks MMA Career, SFS This Fri., Loeffler
- Bellator Heavyweight Tournament Winner To Be Decided This Friday
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.