Much like they did when it was announced that Jake Shields had tested positive for a banned substance and would be suspended, Zuffa has released a statement in regards to the positive tests by Matt Riddle and Francisco Rivera.
Both Riddle and Rivera had their suspensions expire on Friday. News of the suspensions was just released earlier this week.
"We've been informed by the Calgary Combative Sports Commission that Matt Riddle and Francisco Rivera tested positive for banned substance following their bouts at UFC 149," the statement read. "UFC has a strict, consistent policy against the use of banned drugs and performance-enhancing stimulants, including the requirement that all athletes be tested and cleared. Therefore, we fully support the drug testing efforts of the Calgary Combative Sports Commission and will fully cooperate with the Commission regarding this matter."
Both Riddle and Rivera won their respective matches, and the decisions were not changed despite the test results.
- Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira Walked Into UFC 153 With An Injury
- Shane Carwin Thinks Roy Nelson Is Just Talk
- Ian McCall Defends The Flyweight Division
- Matt Riddle, Francisco Rivera Wins Changed To No-Contests By Calgary Commission
- Daniel Cormier Knows He's Crossing Paths With Jon Jones
- Chad Mendes-Hacran Dias Official For UFC On FX 6
- Anderson Silva: Chael Sonnen Undeserving Of TUF, Jon Jones Fight
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.