Dennis Hallman and Thiago Tavares did not step on the scales Thursday to weigh-in for their scheduled match at UFC On FX: Browne vs. Bigfoot Thursday. Now, after initial reports said that Hallman missed weight, the fighter has reached out to explain himself on Twitter.
The 36-year-old Hallman was originally set to face Tavares at UFC 151, but the bout was re-scheduled for Friday. Hallman is 51-14-2 in his career, including a 3-1 record since 2010.
Hallman later informed MMAFighting.com that he had been cut from the UFC, but "(Dana) gave me my show and win pay to help me deal with the mountain in front of me. I'll be back to the UFC."
- Anderson Silva Not Staying At Light Heavyweight
- WSOF Completes Initial Fight Card Lineup
- Healthy Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira Excited For Return At UFC 153
- Stephan Bonnar Ready To Go "Postal" Right Now
- Dennis Hallman On His Decision To Not Fight Friday
- Bellator 75 Weigh-In Results
- UFC On FX: Browne Vs. Silva Weigh-In Results
- Gabriel Gonzaga-Geronimo Dos Santos Off UFC 153
- Bjorn Rebney Believes Eddie Alvarez Headed To UFC
- Cub Swanson Takes Back Jose Aldo Comment, Says It Was Meant For Jens Pulver
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.