According to MMA Opinion, Carlo Prater has been released by the UFC. The 31-year-old Prater went 1-2 in his UFC career, with the one victory coming by disqualification over Erick Silva earlier this year.
Prater (30-12-1) lost back-to-back decisions to TJ Grant and Marcus LeVesseur. He entered the UFC on a four-fight win streak.
The UFC has started to clean up several divisions, releasing a handful of fighters over the past week.
- Anderson Silva's "Focus" Is On GSP Super-Fight
- Jon Fitch Not Ready To Step To The Side In Welterweight Division
- Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Is "Useless," According To Dave Herman
- Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira Confident He Will Finish Dave Herman At UFC 153
- Vinny Magalhaes: UFC Fighter And Master Prognosticator
- Anderson Silva Feeling Excited For UFC 153 Fight With Stephan Bonnar
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.