The Ultimate Fighter Fridays will be no more beginning in 2013, FX executive Chuck Saftler announced on Wednesday. Saftler was part of a conference call with the next coaches for TUF - UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones and Chael Sonnen.
"The show is going to move off of Friday nights," Saftler said. "I can't confirm the day right now, but it's moving off of Friday."
Saftler couldn't pin-point a day of the week that the reality series will air on, but did say it would be a weekday. He also made a statement in regards to Spike TV, which has countered the series with replays due to their owning the UFC library for 2012.
"Spike should watch their ass," Saftler said.
Spike TV will begin airing Bellator Fighting Championships in January, and has started a reality series of their own with the fight promotion.
"I'm not ready to commit to (going head-to-head with Bellator) but we're certainly going to be watching how they schedule," Saftler said, "what they schedule and where they schedule."
- Rashad Evans Discusses Chael Sonnen-Jon Jones Bout
- Kenny Florian: UFC Sending Message To "Step Up" By Giving Sonnen Fight
- Dana White Wants Cowboy Stadium As Soon As Fight Can Be Made
- Eddie Alvarez Opens Up About His Future
- MFC Promoter Mark Pavelich Has An Issue With Female MMA
- Jeremy Stephens Released From Jail, Issues Statement
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.