In 2013 Canada will host more UFC events then in previous years with a minimum of four shows confirmed. A possible spinoff of The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) was suggested by Tom Wright, UFC director of Canadian operations.
"We're not that far away from announcing our full 2013 schedule," said Wright on SportsNet. "I can tell you that there's going to be at least four events in Canada and you know that two of them are going to be in Montreal and Toronto because we've announced those two cities as annual tentpole locations for the UFC in 2013 and 2014."
Wright noted that two of the events will be held in Montreal and Toronto. He said the other two locations may shock people.
"There's going to be at least two cities that may surprise a few people when we come out with our schedule," said Wright.
One of those events might not be a numbered UFC event either as Wright revealed that TUF Canada Finale could be one of the four events, if the country holds its own spinoff.
- Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira Walked Into UFC 153 With An Injury
- Shane Carwin Thinks Roy Nelson Is Just Talk
- Ian McCall Defends The Flyweight Division
- Matt Riddle, Francisco Rivera Wins Changed To No-Contests By Calgary Commission
- Daniel Cormier Knows He's Crossing Paths With Jon Jones
- Chad Mendes-Hacran Dias Official For UFC On FX 6
- Anderson Silva: Chael Sonnen Undeserving Of TUF, Jon Jones Fight
Get more great MMA news and analysis over at Fightline.